Pages

6.03.2010

Lil' Miss Sassy

Every baby needs a cute, cozy quilt! 

And if that baby is growin inside of a fellow coworker of mine then it only makes sense for me to make them one as a gift! If you're new(er) to my blog you may have missed out on the Lil Zoo Boo and the Cindy Loo Who quilt which have gone to live with their wee little owners this past year (and apparently they are being used quite a bit judging by the amount of pictures i've seen on Facebook with these lil blankies lurkin in the background!)

This week I finished up another one, for a little girl of one of my sales reps. She was actually due this past Sunday and thank goodness she hasn't gone into labor or anything yet so I had a chance to finish it up and get it to her before her lil miss makes her grand debut.


I'm calling this one the Lil' Miss Sassy quilt... those are some intense, bold colors for a baby quilt... and I LOVE it! If this baby girl is anything like her momma, she will be one sassy chick!

I apologize for the poor quality photos. These are actually before I even finished the quilt, taken on my iPhone.  I took good ones on my camera last night but they somehow disappeared (I'm quite sad because the quilt is with a fellow coworker to be given to the preggo tomorrow because I won't see her!)

PS Thanks all for your sweet, sweet words yesterday! I spent yesterday sewing and that always helps to clear my head and cheer me up!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

SO beautiful! When I have a baby I will PAY you to make me a quilt! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

sooo cute!!! great job :)

Lexilooo said...

I love this! I went back and looked at the other two, since I am a new reader, and I think this is my favorite! I LOVE the backing...what is the name of that fabric? I'd love to find some!

One of my good friends is having a baby girl next month and I am going to make her a quilt. I have no idea what pattern or anything yet though, but am thinking of something with pinwheels...I am really liking them lately :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

That's really pretty Chelsea!! I love it! :) You are so talented! I may have to have you make me something sometime! Ha!

Mrs. S said...

Those are adorable!!!

nicole said...

Love that you quilted inside the 'bricks', amazing!

Lauren said...

You are so talented, it's amazing!! I wish I was even the slightest bit crafty.

Slyde said...

wow, you're pretty crafty... i like it! :) very talented!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Wow - very pretty! My baby would love that!
http://barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Great blog - following you from Friday follow. So glad I found you!

Suzanne said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!