Pages

8.03.2010

A few more bee blocks

Sunday was a little gloomy and chilly out, so I spent most of the day in the sewing room! After many failed attempts my mom & I got a dvd player hooked up to the TV in there so we happily watched a few movies and seasons of Will & Grace and sewed our little hearts out.

August is Becky's month in the Fussy Cut Bee,
Fussy Cut Bee - August block for Becky
She sent out the MunkiMunki kitty fabric and a load of Anna Maria Horner in colors I love! I really can't wait to see the finished product in this one - the blocks are all going to be so fun!

These two blocks are for Angela for the Pretty in Pink Bee
Pretty in Pink Bee _ August for Angela
Pretty in Pink Bee _ August for Angela
Pretty in Pink Bee _ August for Angela
She is working on a quilt for her niece and (smart girl) decided to request the quarter log cabin blocks for her month in the bee. I hope her niece loves it, I think it will turn out super cute!

I also had a chance to finish quilting an something I started a long, long time ago
This was one of the first quilt tops I made, all Amy Butler fabrics and a white flowered fabric (before I discovered Kona solids!) I did straight line quilting, and silly me forgot to take a picture. Maybe I'll wait until the binding is done for the big reveal...

4 comments:

Sarah Pead said...

Love the quarter log cabin blocks. That just inspired me for my month in the quilting bee I'm in. Your blocks are beautiful and I love how much pop is in the first one!

Sarah Pead said...

P.S. Do you mind if I use your photos as inspiration for my quilting bee buddies? That way they can see what type of block I want...

Brittany said...

geez! I want a quilt like this soooo bad! So beautiful!

Sarah Pead said...

I've got a question for you about the quarter log cabin blocks that you did. What sizes were the fabric strips that you used and what was the final size of the blocks?

Thanks!