Pages

3.14.2010

Dippin' my cake balls!

I know, I know, I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself - all evening long I kept saying "I gotta dip my balls tonight" I share the same humor as a 16 year old boy, what can I say! Atleast I added "cake" into the title!

So, I've spent many a day drooling over Bakerella's treats. I'll be the first to admit that. If you haven't you should probably hurry on over there and bring your slobber rag with you! I decided it was time to try out one of her recipes. So Friday night while we were watching the little rooter-tooter

(sidenote: how precious is this photo of her with her daddy's hand)

she was snoozing away so I decided to make some Red Velvet Cake balls. I didn't have a chance to dip them until Saturday morning, and they were devoured shortly there after. I used red velvet cake mix, cream cheese icing and chocolate bark coating. Honestly, this is one of the best things I have ever made!
(poor Q iPhone photo - apologies!)


Since I'm hosting a Lia Sophia jewelry party Monday evening, I woke up this morning (and somehow lost an hour while I slept... grr damn you daylight savings - us Hoosiers are new to it, and do not enjoy it!) with a brilliant idea. I was going to make more cake balls! And as I am writing this, my chocolate bark is hardening. This time I went with lemon cake, lemon supreme icing and white chocolate. My kitchen smells of lemon yumminess. 

I haven't tried one of the lemon balls yet, but I am thinking they will make a delicious breakfast for me as I'm rushing off to work tomorrow morning! PS I'm totally excited for my party tomorrow night, have you ever bought from them? They have some seriously cute stuff! (Not to mention awesome hostess goodies like freebies and great deals!)

4 comments:

Mateya said...

I think the Lia Sophia stuff is so cute! Also...those cake balls look delicious!

Kelly Marie said...

1. That little nugget is ADORABLE!! 2. Those..balls..look delicious!! haha

Sam said...

What a sweet photo! She is absolutely adorable :)

I've always wanted to try making cake balls -- might do that this weekend. Hehee, the post title was cracking me up :p

Tori Bella said...

I love Lia Sophia!!